Shop plans designed with you in mind
Frequently Asked Questions
Everyone under the age of 65 has the opportunity to purchase health insurance during the Open Enrollment Period.
Open Enrollment is from November 1 to December 15 every year for coverage starting on January 1.
You can purchase a plan outside of Open Enrollment if you have a qualifying life event. There are many things that can be considered a qualifying life event, like:
- Loss of health coverage (losing a job, turning 26, or graduating and losing a student plan)
- Turning 65 and needing to purchase a Medicare plan
- Changes to your household (having a baby, getting married or divorced, death in the family)
- Changes to your physical location (moving to a new county or ZIP Code, moving from a shelter into a home)
- Becoming a U.S. Citizen
- Leaving jail or prison
- Changes to your income that may affect a subsidy you qualify for
You can buy a Medicare plan during the enrollment periods. You can also purchase a Medicare plan anytime you turn 65 even if it isn't during an enrollment period.
- Annual Enrollment Period is from October 15 – December 7 every year.
- Open enrollment for Medicare is from January 1 – March 31 each year.
- Medicare Supplement plans can be renewed May 1 – 31 for a June 1 start date.
Do ancillary products for groups or supplemental plans for individuals have an Open Enrollment period?
Our supplemental plans for individuals and families can also be purchased at any time throughout the year and don't have an enrollment period.
*Group plans are plans that are offered through an employer.
Still have questions?